Fun fact time: many of my old acquaintances still make joking comments whenever they see me wearing pink, because as a child (and honestly pretty much right up to high school) I would refuse to associate with any pink objects.
It wasn’t because I didn’t like pink, it was because since I appeared female I was supposed to/ it was immediately assumed that I did and therefore it pissed me the ever-loving fuck off. I was ashamed to like it, which is terrible because pink is an awesome color. But when you shove it down young girls throats it gets really old, really fast.
Give the child the fucking rainbow, and if they pick pink, it’s not because they are female and/or effeminate, it’s because they like the color pink.
ME TOO OP ME TOO. I’m only just starting to embrace flowers on my shit and generally more feminine clothing. I hated it so much as a kid because it felt so mandatory.
AGH THIS! THIS SO MUCH! When I was a little girl, I despised wearing pink, because I was expected to wear and like pink things because in spite of my tomboyish personality, I am small and dainty with a head of ringlets that would put Goldilocks to shame. The assumption that because I looked like something off a Victorian decorative plate I should be shoved into some awful constricting box where I can only wear dresses and only play with barbie dolls and will always be assumed to want things that are pink has always enraged me.
But then I found that as I embraced my tomboy identity and played video games and wore combats and did karate, people would mock me for wearing dresses or anything pink, “hurr hurr, you’re wearing pink! I thought you didn’t wear pink, ‘cause it’s girly? Hurr!” It’s like, oh my god, screw you, people! Pink is a great colour and it suits me, and dresses look good on me and are really comfortable! The Romans took over most of Europe and some of Africa and Asia while wearing dresses. Femininity isn’t weakness and doesn’t diminish my strength, intelligence or ability, but beyond that, dresses and pink are only ‘feminine’ because society has attached that meaning to them, and relatively recently at that!
I will play metal gear solid on my pretty pink psp, just as I used to have my Sindy doll and my Turtles action figures go on adventures and fight monsters together while wearing fabulous clothes, and anybody uncomfortable with it is not my problem! We need more people like Lauren Faust out there teaching little girls that it’s completely fine to embrace femininity without needing to be constricted by it- it’s not one or the other and it never should be.
women who had period cramps before pain killers were invented were metal as fuck let’s give them a standing ovation
A round of menopause.
It was a difficult period of history for everyone
The many ways to tie a scarf. I think NYC looks the most difficult but also the cutest. Which one’s your favorite?
id take a bullet for the xkit guy
- Blood comes out of your vagina for anywhere from 3-7 days
- That blood you lose can be around 4 tablespoons to a cup
- a cup of blood, vaginal mucus, and endometrial tissue
- You get cramps that will make you cry. You can vomit and/or pass out from them
- You will get horrible mood swings
- You get headaches
- Your breasts hurt so bad sometimes you can’t even touch them
- You get acne everywhere
- Your actual vagina could be sore
- Your feel constantly tired
- You have a constant fear of soaking through your pad/tampon
- You can’t lay a certain way in bed
- You take pill after pill and it still doesn’t help
- You bloat and gain weight
- You might have anemia (iron deficiency) which can not clot your blood causing so much blood loss it’ll be deadly
- You never feel full
- Everything irritates you
- You will cry a lot
- Once you get up in the morning, your center of gravity has shifted and all the blood settling in you during the night will now rush out of you causing you to clench your legs tightly to avoid leaking
- You get made fun of for having a period ?////?/?/
- You’re forced to go to school/work
- You get told that you’re overreacting
but ya know, fixing your dick discreetly in public is bad too
- the smell
- it’s bad to sleep with tampons (you can literally die omfg)
- your labia can get sore, too, not just your vagina
- if there is enough blood it can spread down to where your butt is, causing people to think that your asshole is bleeding
- so many ruined undies
- so many ruined sheets
- greasy hair and face
- being over emotional about things BEFORE your period (some people don’t get this symptom. and don’t ever ask if someone is on their period when they’re angry. it’s rude as fuck)
- sometimes there can be TOO MANY blood clots
- so much toilet paper
- the cost of tampons
- chocolate cravings
- getting your period in a public place and those fucking dispensers in the bathroom are empty and no one has a pad or a tampon so you’re forced to stuff toilet paper in your blood soaked underwear until you get home and then after you get home you have to peel the toilet paper off of your underwear and the blood from before is all dried up so the toilet paper is sticking to your underwear and then you go in the shower and the blood flowing into the drain looks like a murder scene and then you get out of the shower and run to the toilet as fast as you can trying not to get any blood on the floor
- the fact that we’re like 12 when we get them??? why can’t nature just let us be children idk.
fuck man, this is my favorite quote.
bobs burgers is an example of how fucking funny things can be when yoU ACTUALLY UTILIZE YOUR FEMALE CHARACTERS FOR COMEDY INSTEAD OF HAVING THEM STAND THERE ROLLING THEIR EYES
DO YOU SEE
So Jensen told us that he dreams about Dean giving away the Impala after Sam dies because he can’t stand to have anyone else in the passenger seat.
Remember that time Jared told us that sometimes he wakes up and the first word out of his mouth is “Dean” because he forgets that he’s not Sam?